Rock Dunder is open on May 15th, 2023, until November 15, 2023.
Day Passes: Purchase Here
Passes will also be sold at the Rock Dunder trailhead.
Children under 6 years of age accompanied by an adult: no pass required
Day Pass per hiker: $6.00
Family Group Pass: $20.00
School Group Pass: $75.00
2023 Season passes can be purchased here for $60 each
About Rock Dunder:
- The 2 trails include the Morton Bay Loop and the Summit Loop (the Cabin Trail is currently closed).
- The Morton Bay Loop comprises two moderately steep sections to and from a small peninsular outlook over Morton Bay. The hike is 2km through mixed forest.
- The Summit Loop is a 3.9km climb which runs alongside Dean's Island through a variety of forest, offering sneak peaks over rocky cliffs. The summit offers a panoramic view of the Rideau Waterway.
Rock Dunder Location:
- 72 Stanley Lash Ln, Morton ON
- Located at the portage leading to the Gananoque River system and down through the heart of the UN Biosphere, Rock Dunder provides a natural rest for canoeists traveling the Rideau Waterway.
- Rock Dunder is located just south of Morton. Take Stanley Lash Lane west of Highway 15, and go 1200 metres to the parking lot and trail head.
- Visitors need to be mindful of traffic when walking along the highway shoulder towards the Rock Dunder entrance off Stanley Lash Lane.
- Rideau Waterway Land Trust staff and volunteers have been making improvements to the trails at Rock Dunder. The two log cabins are off limits to hikers.
- RWLT does not control arrival and departure times of visitors. A supporter pass does not guarantee a parking place. When on-site parking at Rock Dunder is full, visitors should use off-site parking to the north. There are No Parking areas signed on the shoulder of Highway 15 near Stanley Lash Lane. Cars parked illegally may ticketed or towed: the OPP enforces the No Parking areas.