Contact Us: 1-343-251-1013 email@example.com
Rock Dunder is open on May 15th, 2023, until November 15, 2023.
Find us with our Plus Code: GQJX+RJ Lyndhurst, Ontario or our GPS coordinates: 44.5320439,-76.2036029
$6.00 per hiker
About Rock Dunder:
- The 3 trails include the Morton Bay Loop and the Summit Loop and the Cabin Trail.
- The Morton Bay Loop comprises two moderately steep sections to and from a small peninsular outlook over Morton Bay. The hike is 2km through mixed forest.
- The Summit Loop is a 3.9km climb which runs alongside Dean's Island through a variety of forest, offering sneak peaks over rocky cliffs. The summit offers a panoramic view of the Rideau Waterway.
- The Scout Cabin Trail is 1.55km
Rock Dunder Location:
- 72 Stanley Lash Ln, Morton ON
- Find us with our Plus Code: GQJX+RJ Lyndhurst, Ontario or our GPS coordinates: 44.5320439,-76.2036029
- Located at the portage leading to the Gananoque River system and down through the heart of the UN Biosphere, Rock Dunder provides a natural rest for canoeists traveling the Rideau Waterway.
- Rock Dunder is located just south of Morton. Take Stanley Lash Lane west of Highway 15, and go 1200 metres to the parking lot and trail head.
- Visitors need to be mindful of traffic when walking along the highway shoulder towards the Rock Dunder entrance off Stanley Lash Lane.
- Rideau Waterway Land Trust staff and volunteers have been making improvements to the trails at Rock Dunder. The two log cabins are off limits to hikers.
- RWLT does not control arrival and departure times of visitors. A supporter pass does not guarantee a parking place. When on-site parking at Rock Dunder is full, visitors should use off-site parking to the north. There are No Parking areas signed on the shoulder of Highway 15 near Stanley Lash Lane. Cars parked illegally may ticketed or towed: the OPP enforces the No Parking areas.